Rummy, the most happening online game in India, is played in multiple styles.
There are more than one kind of Rummy available to be played in RummyCircle, the popular among those being Pool Rummy, Deals Rummy and Points Rummy, each of which is uniquely designed. You are free to choose the type that suits your playing style and skill. A brief description of each of the said types and how it is played is as below:
- Pool Rummy:
The pool Rummy is played with players paying a fixed entry fee. 101 and 201 are the elimination points fixed for this variant of Rummy. The players should ensure that they do not reach the points so fixed, lest they must leave the game. A player who stays till the end with the minimum points is declared the winner.
- It is a 2 to 6 players’ game.
- The game is played with two or more packs of 53 cards with a printed joker each pack.
- Players have a choice to take a drop.
- The drop on the first move leaves you with 20 points and the middle drop with 40 points in 101 pool Rummy whereas in case of 201 pool Rummy, the first and middle drop leave you with 25 and 50 points respectively.
- If you have opted to show, then it is mandatory that you have two sequences one of which needs to be a pure life. A valid show gives a player “0” points.
- The player with the minimum score is declared as the winner of this version of Rummy.
- Winning value is decided by Entry fee x No. of players on the table – RummyCircle fees.
- Points Rummy:
The points Rummy is another version of a Rummy popular in RummyCircle and is played for points which have a pre-decided rupee value, as the name suggests. The specialty of this Rummy is that it is the fastest form of Rummy which lasts for one deal only. Here is how to play rummy (points rummy variant):
- It is a 2 to 6 players’ game.
- The game is played with two or more packs of 53 cards with a printed joker in each pack.
- Every player should bring a specific amount to the Rummy table.
- The objective is to arrange your 13 cards in hand in sequences and sets.
- A random joker is selected at the beginning of each point and if the joker so selected turns out to be a printed one then Ace card of any suit can be used as a joker.
- By declaring at least two sequences one of which must be a pure one, a player can finish the game.
- The player who drops out on the first move will be awarded with 20 points whereas the one who drops out after the first move will have to carry 40 points.
- Winning value is decided by summing up the value of all points held by all opponents and multiplying it by the currency value of the points previously fixed.
- Deals Rummy:
This is another fastest version of online Rummy, besides being the most popular of all variants. The version is so simple that even the beginners will be able to grasp it easily.
- It is a 2 to 6 player’s game.
- This game is played with one or more packs of 53 cards with a printed joker in each pack.
- Each of the players is allotted chips at the beginning of this game for the pre-decided number of deals.
- The person with the highest number of chips at the end is declared as the winner.
- The winner should have formed at least two sequences, one of which should be a pure one and a set.
- A chip is equivalent to one point.
- If a player drops out at the beginning of the game he is set to lose 20 points and if he drops out in the middle he loses 40 points.
- Winning value is calculated by multiplying entry fee with a number of players minus website fees.
Although the rummy rules are a bit different, the objectives of all the aforesaid Rummy games are quite similar. So, it is easy for any Rummy aspirant to master all the three which gives him more options to succeed as a player of online Rummy.